The portrait was in the study of the house of Prince FF Yusupov Count Sumarokov-Elston in Bolshoy Kharitonievsky Lane in Moscow, reconstructed and decorated in the late XIX century, designed by architect N. V. Sultanov.
Princess, daughter of Prince Nikolai Borisovich Yusupov and Princess Tatiana Alexandrovna, born Countess Ribopier, the last in the Yusupov family. The owner of huge capital, vast lands, palaces and art collections. Married to Count F. F. Sumarokov-Elston. Since 1891, Zinaida Nikolaevna and her husband were given the right to be called the princes Yusupov Counts Sumarokov-Elston. ZN Yusupova was engaged in charitable activities: the Roman Hall of the Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow was built on its funds. Contemporaries noted that the “marquise of our time”
The Yusupovs left Russia in April 1919 and settled in Rome. In exile, Zinaida Nikolayevna participated in the work of the Red Cross Society: she organized a free dining room for poor compatriots, a “job search bureau” and a seamstress workshop.