1. Identify the distinctive features of the geographical location of the European part of Russia. Give it an assessment. Show on the map the main geographical objects of the East European Plain – natural and economic; Largest cities.
The main features of the geographical position of European Russia – the location on the Russian Plain, between the seas of the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, the Ural Mountains and the Caucasus, between foreign Europe and Asia; mainly in the temperate climatic zone. This situation can be considered favorable.
The main geographical objects of the East European Plain are presented in Table 19.
2. What attributes do you think unite the Eastern European Plain with a huge variety of its landscapes?
Large natural and geographical regions are distinguished by the unity of the tectonic structure and relief, belonging to the same climatic region. The foundation of the East European Plain is the ancient Russian platform, which determines the relative unity of its relief. In addition, most of the East European Plain lies in the temperate continental climate.
3. What is the originality of the Russian Plain as the territory most inhabited by people? What natural features are the result of interaction between nature and the population?
The landscapes of the Russian Plain have been largely transformed as a result of economic activity. In the 8th grade we talked about the natural and economic zones into which
4. Do you think that a special role in the economic development and development of the Russian Plain has played a role in the historic center of the Russian state?
This not only affected, but in many ways predetermined the economic development of the Russian Plain. The large population density, the radial and lattice structure of the transport network, the advanced development of modern production facilities, etc. are all a consequence of the location on the Russian Plain of the historical center of the state.
5. In the works of which Russian artists, composers, poets, the features of the nature of Central Russia are especially clearly understood and transmitted? Give examples.
Among the artists who especially brightly reflected the nature of Russia are the peredvizhniki artists, who formed in 1870 the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions: I. N. Kramskoy, I. E. Repin, VI Surikov, V. G. Perov, V. M. Vasnetsov, I. I. Levitan, I. I. Shishkin. Who does not know the picture of I. I. Shishkin “Morning in the Pine Forest”?
Other famous works of this artist are “Rye”, “Rain in an oak forest”.
The creator of the “landscape of mood” II Levitan depicted the Russian nature in different seasons of the year. A special place in his work is occupied by the “Volga period”. According to critics, the artist created classic examples of “church scenery” in which temple buildings bring to nature appeasement or, on the contrary, anxiety, reminding of the transience of all earthly things.
Entire sections of the literature course in secondary school are devoted to lyrical descriptions of the nature of Russian poets. A lot of warm lines dedicated to Russian nature AS Pushkin, as in the “Eugene Onegin” you are studying, and in individual poems. The landscape lyrics of S. Yesenin are widely known.