1. Why do you think the borders of economic regions necessarily coincide with the borders of the subjects of the Federation, and the boundaries of natural areas – no.
For the convenience of management and management of economic regions, subjects of the Federation with the same sectoral specialization and economic links are united. The natural zoning is in no way connected with either administrative or economic boundaries. The boundaries of natural areas usually coincide with any natural boundaries.
2. Why are more economic regions allocated in the East European Plain than in the Asian part of Russia?
The main difference between one economic region and another is the specialization of the economy, which in turn depends on the availability of natural resources and
The areas of the East European Plain differ significantly from each other in the above-mentioned factors. Consequently, their specialization will be different, which led to the allocation of a large number of economic regions in the territory of this natural region.
3. What types of zoning are considered in the text? What tasks do they solve?
The text considers natural and economic zoning. Geographic regions are also considered as historically developed territories, characterized by features of nature, population and economic specialization.
4. Draw up a scheme for subordinating the administrative-territorial division of your district.
In most cases, this hierarchical chain has 3-4 links. The longest it is in large cities. Fill in the proposed scheme the remaining column.
6. Find out what is the administrative-territorial division of other countries of the world, for example the USA, Germany, France, India, China. What signs are put in its basis? Compare it with the administrative-territorial division of Russia.
In an administrative-territorial sense, all countries of the world are divided into unitary and federated. The federal states consist of federal units – subjects
In a unitary state the territory, unlike the federation, is not divided into federal units, but consists of administrative-territorial units. Unitarian states are France and China, despite its vast territory. The territory of France is divided into 96 departments, among which there are also overseas – Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guiana, Reunion, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon. France also has overseas territories – New Caledonia, French Polynesia. In China, there are 22 provinces, 5 autonomous regions and 3 cities of central subordination.
7. Using the knowledge already gained about the nature and population of Russia, think about which areas you would have divided our country by the features that you consider essential.
First, determine which features, in your opinion, are the most significant in the regionalization of the territory.
Try, for example, to allocate regions of ethnic origin on the map “Peoples of Russia”, and then, using a population density map, to determine which of them are densely populated, and which are rare.