How to write a good composition? Often this question is asked not only by the schoolchildren who are not given this task in any way, but also by parents who are powerless to help their student children, and teachers who are looking for new ways and methods to teach the children to write essays. For many students it is a real meal and they look at the classmates with perplexity, their eyes catch fire when they ask to write an essay. Why is that? We are all very different. Someone likes to argue, argue, act, fantasize. Such people like to write essays, they often even disregard the advice of teachers and write on inspiration. But others are completely lost in front of a blank sheet and a given topic. Options for solving the problem for them – the Internet, critical literature and friendship
Composing works of dissonance
At school, we are introduced to various kinds of compositions: essay-description, essay, miniature, reasoning, literary work, etc. Each of the species has its own structure and its requirements for writing, this should not be forgotten. The essay essay brings the author closer to the literary work, while working on it, it is necessary to pay special attention not only to the content, but also to the lightness, imagery and beauty of the presentation. For example, there must be three parts in the essay-reasoning: the introduction (with the inclusion of theses), the main part (evidence and examples) and conclusions (in this part the student expresses his point of view on the theme of the composition). But the miniature consists of a thesis and its explanation. On this kind of compositions often train capable children for subject contests and olympiads, because writing briefly and often is much more difficult,
Basic rules of work on composition
Perhaps someone will glance past these rules, but it is unlikely that his problem will shift from his place. Inattention to the basic rules and failures.
1. Composition – a genre that denies rewriting. Studying critical literature and choosing “juicy”
2. If you write an essay on a literary work (and this is the most common variant for a schoolboy), the work should be read. And the summary here does not fit. In general, it is difficult to explain why these publications are needed in general with a brief content of literary works. The course of school literature includes only outstanding works, classics of literature, artistic and spiritual heritage, heritage. And the child must understand this. He himself must see in the novel, poem or story a deep meaning, an unusual story, a talented word and, attention, relevance. Why is it worth reading this book today? Without an answer to this question, it is impossible to awaken real interest in literature.
3. To write an essay. need a plan. This is understood even by those who excellently succeeded in our business. But if it is enough for someone to sketch out the plan “in the mind,” then for those who are not particularly successful in writing the essay, you still need to write down the plan, and do not forget about the notes. In principle, three parts remain unchanged: the introduction, the main part and the conclusion. The introduction anticipates the main part, it has a place for expressing your emotions and feelings, the introduction enthralls and “advertises” the main part. Here often use epigraphs, interesting statements, here the general mood of the composition is set.
4. In the main part, the author directly reveals the theme of the work. If this is an image of a hero, then it is considered holistically, without leaving out of the way irrelevant details, for which something marked by the author is “overboard”. Do not write, if you yourself do not understand everything in the work, if the story line for you is somewhere lost. Perhaps it’s worth reading the work again. Do not be afraid to ask the teacher, he will only approve your interest and inquisitiveness.
5. If you still like some idea of criticism well, really liked it, then try to develop it, explain it in your own words. Then evaluate whether it will be tied to the main theme of the essay, to the general text. But it is better to resort to quotes. This will not only emphasize your awareness and readiness to work, but will also be ethical.
6. It is necessary to read good works. Their samples are now easily found in special manuals, on the Internet. Having read more than one sample, you will appreciate the features of the structure of the composition, the author’s language, style. Anyway, you will want to copy the read, and this will already guide you in the right direction.
7. And the last rule: do not sit down for a clean sheet. This means that in your head you should already have a certain image of the future work. It’s hard to sit at the desk and imagine what and how I will write. But, for example, you go to the store, walk the dog, wash the dishes and. give birth to the future work of the mind. It is worth a try and the result will pleasantly surprise you.
And, of course, the most important thing is listen to the teacher. Because you do not require super knowledge and super-mindedness, which means that everything is within your power. Learning to write essays is a great work that will certainly come in handy in the future; beautiful, competent speech and ability to express one’s point of view are significant acquisitions in the modern world.