Notes of the hunter: Lgov
Lgov – a large steppe village. Near it there is a pond overgrown with reeds; there were ducks.
Behind the boat, the hunters turned to a local resident, nicknamed Suchok.
“Barefoot, ragged and disheveled Beetle seemed to look like a retired courtyard of sixty.” The conversation with the author clarifies a lot in the whole environment.
“Tell me, please,” I began: “Have you been a fisherman here for a long time?”
“Seventy-year went,” he answered, starting up.
“And before you were engaged?”
“I used to ride as a coachman.
” “Who destroyed you from the coachmen?”
“And the new one lady.
kind of lady? “” What did you buy us for? You do not want to know: Alena Timofeevna, fat such… not young.
“Why did she think of you as a fisherman?”
– And God knows. She came to us from her estate, from Tambov, she ordered the whole yard to be assembled, and she came to us. We are at first to the pen, and she is nothing, does not get angry… And then she began to ask us in order: what did he do, what position he was in. The turn came to me; here and he asks: “What have you been?” I say: a coachman.
“The coachman?” Well, what kind of coachman are you, look at yourself: what kind of
– Whose were you before?
– And Sergei Sergeyevich Pekhterev. He inherited it. And he did not own us for long, only six years. He had something to do with a coachman and went…
– And you were young in the coachman?
“What a coachman!” – In the coachman, I fell under Sergei Sergeyitch, but before the cook was…
– Who were you a cook?
– And the former master, Afanasya Nefedich, Sergei Sergeichin’s uncle. Ligov bought it, Athanasius Nefedich bought it, and Sergey Sergeitch got his estate by inheritance.
“From whom did you buy it?”
– And Tatiana Vasilyevna.
– Which Tatiana Vasilyevna?
“And here, that in the last year I died, under Bolkhov… that is, under Karachev, in the girls…
” “Well, you were her cook, too?”
– At first I was definitely a cook, or even in kofishchenki I got.
– In what?
– In kofishchenki.
– What kind of post is this?
“I do not know, sir.” At the buffet consisted and Anton was called, and not Kuzma. So the lady ordered to order.
– Your real name is Kuzma?
– And you were always a kofishchenkom?
– No, not all the time: he was an ater.
– How, I was… I played in kyatra. Our lady took our lady at her place…
They’ll take me and dress me up; I just go dressed up or stand, or I sit, as there is. They say: that’s what you say, I say. Once a blind person imagined “…
There is a wonderful example of the lack of freedom of speech!
” They say: that’s what you say, I’m saying. ”
Serfdom was abolished, the tsar was overthrown, many more things were done, and this imperishable principle was saved for a long time – and not only in theater.
“- Well, your father’s first lady than you?
– And in various positions was: first in kazachkah was, faletorom was a gardener, and even whipper.
– whipper.. And with dogs went?
– I went and dogs, yes I was killed: I fell down with a horse and the horse broke down. “The old gentleman was very strict, he ordered me to be flogged, and sent to the shoemaker in Moscow.
” “What about training?
“Yes, years, that’s how I was twenty years old.
” “What kind of training is there in twenty years?”
“So, it’s okay, if the master ordered it. I went to the village and returned… “
And thank God that the fishermen were fired. And the other lady, “the same old man as Andrei Pumpyr, ordered me to put it in a paper mill, a scraper, and it’s a sinful thing to say that you have bread for nothing…”
He was asked if he was married.
No, my father, I was not. Tatyana Vasilievna the deceased – The Kingdom of Heaven! Nobody was allowed to marry. God save! Sometimes, he says: I live so, in the girls, what kind of pampering! What is it they want? ”
Another small detail: Before the appearance of the bitch, the author of Zapiski happened to meet with a stranger who introduced himself as the” local hunter Vladimir “and offered his services: he was a freed servant, in the past a lordship valet, valet. – with ridiculous grimaces, with unreasonable claims to grace, sophistication!
“Throughout my conversation with the poor old man, hunter Vladimir looked at him with a contemptuous smile.
” Silly man, he said when he left: “Absolutely uneducated man, man, nothing more, sir.” A man can not be called a yard man-with… and all boasted-with… Where is he to be an actor-s, yourself, judge with-s! In vain pleased to worry, they pleased to talk with him-with! ”
And what beautiful nature is around.
” The sun was setting; His broad rays flew wide with purple stripes; golden clouds spread out across the sky ever smaller and smaller, like a washed, combed wave…
- Lgov Turgenev Summary